We value your privacy, and have built this site to balance safety, privacy, and the user experience. Below are our privacy policies.
What is considered personal information?
At BadgeAlliance.org, “personal information” means:
- Information which identifies you, like your name or email address; or
- A combination of several pieces of information which couldn’t identify you on their own, but which we believe could become identifiable to you when combined.
Any information that falls outside of this is “non-personal information.” If we store your personal information with information that is non-personal, we will consider the combination as personal information.
How will you use my personal information?
When we collect personal information, we will identify the purposes for which the information is collected. For example, you may be asked for your email if you wish to be notified about the Badge Alliance or about Connected Learning. If you want to discontinue receiving a newsletter or other email communication from us, you can opt out by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the next email you receive.
We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
Will my personal information be protected?
We may release information:
- When we tell you we will and you consent to the sharing.
- When sharing will help us provide services to you, but only if those with whom we share the information agree to handle the data as we would.
- When the law requires it. We follow the law whenever we receive requests about you from a government or related to a lawsuit, and we’ll notify you when we’re asked to hand over your personal information unless we are legally prohibited from doing so. When we receive requests like this, we’ll only release your information if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party’s request to disclose your information.
- When we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to you or someone else, provided that we will do so only if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of you or anyone associated with the Badge Alliance.