Digital & Web Literacies
This Digital & Web Literacies Working Group endeavors to create a shared badge system (or systems) that recognizes 21st-century digital skills and web literacies: things that often aren’t captured by traditional credentials or formal degrees. Web literacy can be defined as the skills and competencies needed for reading, writing and participating on the web. This Working Group, in conjunction with the Mozilla community that helped to define the Web Literacy Map strives to bring that work to life by charting skills and competencies through the development of a functional set of open badges and associated pathways.
Digital & Web Literacies Resources
- Digital & Web Literacies Considerations of Privacy Pathway document (work in progress) that details
- a proposed badge pathway for one strand of the map (micro-system)
- a proposed set of badges for that pathway
- suggested techniques for implementation
- Continued contributions to Mozilla’s Web Literacy Map 2.0 work